The city that never sleeps is home to some of the hottest cybersecurity companies in the tech industry.
I recently reported that San Francisco is the top cyber city with 17 companies listed on the Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies. The no. 2, 3 and 4 cities are Silicon Valley’s San Jose, Mountain View and Sunnyvale, Calif.
New York City is the no. 5 city overall, and it’s no. 1 on the East Coast with 12 companies listed on the Cybersecurity 500.
A look at the Big Apple’s hottest cybersecurity companies, and the sectors they represent:
- Bayshore Networks – Internet of Things (IoT) security
- Booz Allen – Cybersecurity solutions and services
- CA Technologies – Enterprise IT security
- Deloitte – Global risk management services
- Identity Finder- Data discovery and protection
- Kroll – Cybersecurity services
- LIFARS Digital forensics and cybersecurity intelligence
- Mycroft – Identity and access management
- Reservoir Labs – Real-time threat visibility
- Seclore – Secure file sharing
- Sensato – Healthcare IT security and privacy
- Stroz Friedberg – Cyber intelligence and risk management
- Varonis – File collaboration and data protection
The entire Cybersecurity 500 list can be seen here.
New York is also home to the largest student-run cybersecurity event in the nation – CSAW (Cyber Security Awareness Week) 15 – a weekend of competitions, industry talks and events to prepare best-performing students with the skills and knowledge to shape the future of the industry. CSAW was held at New York University (NYU) School of Engineering in Brooklyn, N.Y., from Nov. 12-14, 2015. Go here for fresh post-event PR and news, where you’ll see some current and potential future Cybersecurity 500 companies.
Steve Morgan is founder and CEO at Cybersecurity Ventures and editor-in-chief of the Cybersecurity Market Report and the Cybersecurity 500 list of the world’s hottest and most innovative cybersecurity companies. Follow Steve on Twitter or connect with him on LinkedIn.